Lately when it’s time to plan dinner and I am feeling uninspired, I turn to Pinterest. I love the fact that I can type in “best pork tenderloin marinade” and I get hundreds of fresh ideas for how to marinate said pork tenderloin. I realize you can do this on allrecipes.com or good ole Google, but Pinterest is my go-to place for recipe discovery.
As we transition into Spring/Summer weather (finally!!!) I am excited to transition into Spring/Summer recipes and I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite recipes from Pinterest with y’all!
So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my top Spring/Summer recipes from Pinterest.
1. Best Turkey Burger – we LOVE to grill in Spring/Summer and these Turkey burgers are so juicy. Even with the little ‘kick’ from the hot sauce, our kids love them too!
2. Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries – This one I actually discovered before Pinterest when we lived in CA. This picture doesn’t do it justice.
3. Grainy Mustard Potato Salad – Okay so I actually found this one before Pinterest too – in a Martha Stewart magazine. But the piece of paper I have it written on is so small and my recipe collection is so unorganized, so I was always losing it. Martha made it as an appetizer with grilled slivers of kielbasa. We make it as a side dish. Sometimes we eat it with grilled kielbasa, sometimes we eat it with the turkey burger above, sometimes we make it as our contribution to a potluck dinner or 4th of July picnic. It is always a hit. Oh and I always multiply the recipe five times(!!!) because grocery stores sell Yukon Gold potatoes in five lb. bags and because we love it so much. If you are gonna make that much, make sure you cut down on the oil – it gets too greasy that way.
4. Smoky Spice Rubbed Grilled Salmon. Oh by JOVE this recipe is good! Make it this Summer. You will love it. We had friends over last Summer and (being the wretched hostess that I am!) I forgot to ask if they liked salmon. After we finished the meal, the husband admitted he usually hates salmon but he had me go and print out the recipe righthatminute because he loved it and wanted his wife to make it for them again. I usually double the amount of spices because I love the rub so much!
5. Artichoke and White Bean Salad. If this looks familiar, it’s ’cause I already posted it on this blog. I discovered this one when I was craving artichokes because I was pregnant. It is so yummy – a great Summer salad. My one tweek is that I added a little honey (maybe a tablespoon?) to cut the acidity and give it a little more dimension.
6. Steamed Zucchini with Scallions – another Martha Stewart recipe, I made this for the first time on Saturday and it was a HIT! Simple, fresh ingredients with lots of flavor. And most importantly, it was super duper easy to prepare! We’ll be eating this one a lot this Spring and Summer!
7. Finally, I haven’t made this White Peach Sangria yet because I pinned it last Summer right before I found out little Mac was on his way. Doesn’t it look tasty though?! Can’t wait to try it!
So do you find your recipes on Pinterest too? Any good ones on there that I need to pin? To check out these recipes (and more exciting pins!) on our Pinterest account – search for seesisterblog.